Topeka Metro is seeking a highly skilled executive assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support duties for the general manager, management staff, and board of directors. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining cooperative, professional and effective working relationships with officials, business associates, transportation professionals, and others at executive levels. Duties include scheduling meetings and events; manage calendars; coordinating travel arrangements; draft business letters; proofread written materials; prioritize incoming mail and phone calls; respond to inquiries from the general public; order office supplies; provide document control; create and/or update spreadsheets, reports, tables, graphs, agendas, presentations, and store data; assist with finance duties; serve as the board secretary and custodian of records under KORA; assist board of directors in KOMA compliance; record and transcribe board minutes; provide assistance on special projects; and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Ability to produce accurate work and meet deadlines while adapting to various changes in workload, routine, and assigned tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule priorities.
- Ability to develop a strong relationship and trust with GM, management staff, and board of directors.
- Resourceful, adaptable, demonstrates integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Experience dealing with a wide range of topics and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented; possess exceptional organization and multitasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and office equipment.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible executive assistant work experience.
- Basic accounting skills and some college preferred.
Topeka Metro offers a great benefit package and is a KPERS employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Topeka Metro is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Public Transit Bus Operators
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Full-time starting pay after two-weeks of training: $16.11/hr.
6 months: $17.18/hr.
12 months: $18.26/hr.
18 months: $19.33/hr.
30 months: $21.48/hr.