Topeka Metro is accepting applications for a full-time Mobility Manager. This position will work with local public transit agencies, businesses and human service agencies to coordinate transportation services to improve overall mobility for the general public and meet the diverse travel needs in our community.
- Develop and implement a system of outreach to low income, socially isolated older and/or disabled adults and assist them in gaining access to needed transportation services.
- Cultivate multi-agency and business partnerships that can reduce costs through efficient and effective transportation coordination.
- Research and assess needs and demands of users, funding, and regulatory processes that encourage participation.
- Develops potential for future expansion of transit options.
- Makes public presentations on the benefits of mobility management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transportation, social services, business or related field.
- A minimum of two years of transportation mobility experience.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to network and create ongoing partnerships.
- Detail oriented.
Topeka Metro offers a great benefit package and is a KPERS employer.
Submit a cover letter, resume, three references, and an applicant characteristic survey to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Website for characteristic survey: www.topekametro.org
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Drug-free workplace and EOE.
Marketing & Communications Intern
Topeka Metro is accepting resumes for a Marketing and Communications intern to assist with marketing, advertising, outreach activities and promotional programs to enhance ridership and community awareness. We work with your university or school to help fulfill your internship requirements while providing real-world experience to apply your academic knowledge. Flexible hours to work around your schedule. Gain real-world experience that you can use in your future career. Topeka Metro is a fun place to work!
- Assist with multi-media advertising campaigns, promotions, special events, community outreach and education
- Assist with coordinating assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies
- Assist with producing, publishing and distributing educational and promotional publications
- Layout and writing for Rider’s Digest monthly newsletter and monthly employee newsletter
- Provide proof reading and fact-finding assistance
- May assist with photography or videography
- Must be currently enrolled in a college degree program related to marketing, journalism, public relations, communications or a similar field of study
- Familiar with marketing, advertising or branding principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers
- Dynamic written and verbal communication and ability to work with the public
- Preference for AP style writing, although not required
- Experience with social media promotion
- Knowledge of all or some of the following: techniques in print, photography, or video and audio production
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite programs, as well as marketing software such as Constant Contact or MailChimp is preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- Creativity and flexibility are a plus
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and applicant characteristic survey to: 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603 or e-mail Keri Renner, Director of Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.