Topeka Metro is seeking a highly skilled executive assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support duties for the general manager, management staff, and board of directors. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining cooperative, professional and effective working relationships with officials, business associates, transportation professionals, and others at executive levels. Duties include scheduling meetings and events; manage calendars; coordinating travel arrangements; draft business letters; proofread written materials; prioritize incoming mail and phone calls; respond to inquiries from the general public; order office supplies; provide document control; create and/or update spreadsheets, reports, tables, graphs, agendas, presentations, and store data; assist with finance duties; serve as the board secretary and custodian of records under KORA; assist board of directors in KOMA compliance; record and transcribe board minutes; provide assistance on special projects; and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Ability to produce accurate work and meet deadlines while adapting to various changes in workload, routine, and assigned tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule priorities.
- Ability to develop a strong relationship and trust with GM, management staff, and board of directors.
- Resourceful, adaptable, demonstrates integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Experience dealing with a wide range of topics and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented; possess exceptional organization and multitasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and office equipment.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible executive assistant work experience.
- Basic accounting skills and some college preferred.
Topeka Metro offers a great benefit package and is a KPERS employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Resumes will be accepted until 12/11/19. Topeka Metro is a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.