Full-Time Public Transit Bus Operators
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time and part-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, and fare structures.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Full-time starting pay after two weeks of training: $15.07/hr.
After 6 months: $16.07/hr. After 12 months $17.08/hr., 18 months $18.08/hr. 30 months $20.09/hr.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Marketing and Communications Internship
Topeka Metro is accepting resumes for a Marketing and Communications intern to assist with marketing, advertising, outreach activities and promotional programs to enhance ridership and community awareness. We work with your university or school to help fulfill your internship requirements while providing real-world experience to apply your academic knowledge. Flexible hours to work around your schedule. Topeka Metro is a fun place to work!
- Assist with multi-media advertising campaigns, promotions, special events, community outreach and education
- Assist with coordinating assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies
- Assist with producing, publishing and distributing all educational and promotional publications
- Write Rider’s Digest newsletter and employee newsletter (monthly)
- Provide proof reading and fact finding assistance
- Must be currently enrolled in a college degree program related to marketing, public relations, communications or a similar field of study
- Familiar with marketing, advertising or branding principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers
- Dynamic written and verbal communication and ability to work with the public
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of all or some of the following: techniques in print, photography, and video and audio production
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite programs, as well as marketing software such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- Creativity and flexibility are a plus
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and applicant characteristic survey to: 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603 or e-mail Keri Renner, Director of Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Work for Topeka Metro Bikes, tending precious crops, navigating the city, and promoting public transportation. We’re hiring Field Coordinators (a.k.a Bike Farmers) to help build and manage our fleet of 300 rental bicycles this summer.
Must pass background check, drug screen, and be able to lift 50 lbs. Topeka Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.